**2017/18 shares go on sale May 1st**
While some may think the winter is slow for farmers, we are still busy growing food at Springdell Farm! Our Winter Harvest Share is a one-size-fits-all type of share. It includes a large variety of items through the winter months including but not limited to:
- various greens
- root vegetables
- dairy products
- home-grown meat products
- other locally made goodies
The shares generally include:
- about ½ bushel of mixed produce
- 1-2 dozen eggs
- (2) ½ gallons of milk or pints of cream (of your choice)
- a package or two of pasture raised meat
- a solid assortment of local goods including grains, butter, dried goods, syrup and more from some of our outstanding local suppliers.
Produce varies greatly and different items are included at different times and different pickups. As a quick overview, last season’s share included Brussels sprouts, cranberries, squash, apples, cabbage, potatoes, onions, garlic, lettuce, Swiss chard, parsnips, carrots, beets, rutabaga, leeks, bean sprouts, and more! The local goods we include vary at every pickup and as we did this past year, we will provide some options for you to choose from when it comes to those extra goodies as well. If you are a farm stand customer you will be familiar with most all of the extra local treats we include in these shares.